Sunday, July 1, 2007

pain, is like, soooooo relative

after a rather disastarous run yesterday, 'disastarous' meaning: "culminating in blurred vision, dizziness, and nausea until i finally ran into a roadie (cyclist) i knew and needed an excuse to stop and sit down with my head between my legs, i mean, catch up on how he was doing at my former place of employ", today was not going to involve any activity that prompted any of the aforementioned side-effects.

today's jaunt into all things active, healthy and therefore potentially painful, involved 2 wheels and a former riding buddy (note: this former riding buddy is also the reason i was sporting a blister the size of a toaster oven on the side of my leg, for several weeks, after giving me my first motorbike ride). fortunately, or actually unfortunately, there was no engine or hot exhaust pipe to assist me up the many, many ascents of the ride. instead i got to enjoy the natural burning sensation inside my legs, before i got to enjoy the wholly unnatural sensation of my saddle giving me an enema after i made a rather poorly exectued descent over a large piece of fallen tree on the trail. fortunately for me, i landed in some soft vegetation to buffer the fall, unfortunately for me, it happened to be poison ivy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reinforces my belief that exercise is overrated.

Thank God for public transport...

Disa said...

public transport has its own inherent cardio/strength benefits; running for the bus; pushing and shoving the old lady/pregnant woman out of the seat closest to the door on the train...

Anonymous said...

Point conceded. Let me rephrase: "Thank God for mates that drive".

Anonymous said...

Masochism is overrated and should have no place in a well planned exercise regimen
Jaws3 Bahrain

Anonymous said...

Oh I would have enjoyed that ride...sorry I could not accept the invite-I missed riding with you guys.