Sunday, June 20, 2010

something old, and something about 10 days new

in an effort to avoid those awkward, tearful, mother-daughter touchy feely moments that routinely happen (just watch 10 minutes of TLC on any day, you'll see) when there is a big, white dress, i had planned my strategy two years ago; buy several metres of thai silk and find a person proficient in 'sewing machine' to recreate an a-line dress that i already own and enjoy.

turns out my seamstress was more versed in embellishing sweatshirts for elementary school teachers. karma was clearly coming to give me a big old slap around the selfish daughter chops, as my mum was almost in tears at fitting #2; so off we went to the bridal boutique.

5 dresses, and 20 minutes later, we had identified 'the one'. my outfit was still cheaper than the groom's, which means i still win.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on the win! And happy wedding!!!!! Are you married now? Congratulations!!!!! (I think)

Disa said...

yes! pictures- and oh so many stories- to follow. you?

JAWZ3 said...

GREAT WEDDING DRESS AND peedr'eau looked great too

Jill said...

I'm married now too! I'm assuming I'll have pictures to follow too. Although I didn't take a single photo myself, nor did my mother, so I think they'll take awhile.

Disa said...

nope, i didn't take any pictures either- they need to make more dresses with pockets! thank god for facebook and other people's cameras.

mansuetude said...

ah is this a Champagne in the hot tub moment?!

Congratulatins.
The writing was funny too, but that is awesome.

Disa said...

just lots of half drunk glasses of wine and champagne left everywhere. what an interesting experience this whole thing has been. still processing.

mansuetude said...

i remember a sister's wedding, the baby of us all, and my older sister kept drinking my champagne cause we were dancing too much and she tiny thing, "was thirsty" oohh that was fun!