Friday, May 2, 2008

if it's broken, and can't be fixed; throw it out


more so than skydiving, shoplifting, or trying to cross shelbyville road on my bike, the sight of carboard boxes, plastic rubbermaid ware (gallon not sandwich size), and bubble wrap can stimulate my endorphins, pretty bloody quickly.

packing and moving are action verbs, and i can wrap like a chippie wench in the north, on a sunday morning, right after the pubs close. it mattereth not whether it's an apartment across the city, a condo across the country, or a new home on the opposite side of the planet, the ritual of throwing out and packaging up, to then unwrap the same tinkerbell coffee mug on a different latitude always has that xmas-day-morning-first-day-of-the-rest-of-your-life moment. and when i am not personally in the throes of upheaval, i will be the first to volunteer to help others move their garfield "i hate mondays" coffee mug.

of course every time you move, there are always casualties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good because I have this god-awful space underneath my bed with all sorts of random paraphernalia including, but not exclusive to: picture frames with college posters in them, electrical cords, college notebooks, a mini grill that I've NEVER used, tacky t-shirts, wow - I've got to go fill up my garbage now...

I love your new blog look!!! AND I can't wait to hear how the 23 went today!!! I think I have 20 this weekend...